Zoeller 508 vs. PHCC 2400 Backup Opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Treeman

Reaction score
Anyone care to give opinions to aid my decision? Thank you.

I've narrowed my choice to either Zoeller 508 or PHCC2400 ($100 more). The Zoeller has their U.S. made pump. Their 10 amp controller/charger looks to be substantial and a pretty good monitor of conditions. It uses a mechanical float switch. The PHCC2400 pros include DC/AC operation, the controller/charger does a weekly self test and seems to monitor a lot of fault conditions. Probably a Chinese pump? The PHCC uses a dual reed switch that triggers a pump timer (maybe a con for my small pit?).

I plan to use an AGM battery for a few reasons. The weak point of many systems are the chargers, because AGM is a bit more demanding...most companies specify temperature compensation (most pump chargers skip this).

I know about opinions....everyone has one! Reliability is probably my highest concern. I tend to monitor and check things regularly. Thank you!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks