Yes they do clog! PEX elbow

Users who are viewing this thread

trotter13

Reaction score
I was reading a post about PEX elbow 90 degree. He asked do they clog? Well now I can confirm they indeed do clog.
I have two elbows before my house filter. The water pressure got lower and lower. This went on for three weeks, then one day nothing. No water!
I had to blow out my lines with a compressor. I have to replace the PEX elbows with Shark bites.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Clogged with what?

You may want to drain your pressure tank more often.

Reach4

Reaction score
I drained the tank 5x already. Must be sediment. I blow it out through the little screw on.
Are you referring to the schrader valve on the top of the pressure tank, or what?

Usually you would have a boiler drain valve at the low end of your tank plumbing... on the tank tee if you have a tank tee. You can put a garden hose on that, and with the pump off, let the tank empty.

But anyway, what did the elbows clog with? Rust, orange slime, black sediment, brown sand, what?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks