Wilo Stratus primary boiler pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Splashoil

Retired!
Reaction score
1378196D-1F9B-474D-BF0D-224BC2492CF1.jpeg
1378196D-1F9B-474D-BF0D-224BC2492CF1.jpeg
I have a Triangle Tube Solo 60 with a Hydraulic Separator feeding some old cast iron baseboard and radiators. I went with a Wilo Stratus Pump for that and used a Grundfos 15-58 (speed 1) for the boiler circulator. I then replaced the 15-58 with another Wilo. I set the head down to 4 feet since the 60 output is 55 mbtu on a good day and felt I really did not need the higher flow from the 15-58 even on speed 1.
TT states the 60 needs at least 3 gpm on full output.
Everything is dialed way down with the outdoor reset and a maximum setting of 120F. I’m saving gas compared to the 1974 National cast iron behemoth I replaced. I thought I would try to cut power bills for pumping as well.
I’m on a fixed income with an occasional stimulus check lol. The Wilo has apparently been discontinued? Any reports on performance as a boiler pump? I’ve doubled down on sediment collection and flushed the old cast with fernox. I taped hard drive magnets to my dirt separator and the hydraulic separator too.
I enjoy looking at all the do it yourself installs and comparing them to what Siggy would have done.
12x pipe size straight pipe upstream from a pump seems to be missing from a lot of these creations.

Last edited:

Splashoil

Retired!
Reaction score
Brief update: The Wilo pump seems to be working well. On the web you can find these discontinued pumps for ~$75!
A great bargain for an ecm smart pump. I'm working on a system sensor install to let the Solo see the temp delivered past the hydraulic separator into the system manifold. The Supply sensor in the Solo will then function as a high limit control.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks