Wide sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I cant find a very wide single basin utility sink(wider than 24"). Do know where i can find one? I have roller pans that are 24" long so i need a sink with exterior dimensions that are definitely longer than that. 33"-40" would fit for me. I dont need really need stainless steel or want to spend alot extra for it. I suppose i could get a plastic 40" double basin with a flat bottom and cut the divider out if that possible... Maybe i'm looking at the wrong places.

Last edited:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Here's an Elkay SS for a little over $200:

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/CRS3322.html

Since you said "utility sink", though, I imagine you want a deep sink as well as long. Your best bet might be to look in a surplus equipment house locally, or look for a restaurant going out of business. The ABS and other nonmetallic sinks are about 25-35% of SS prices, but you'd have to spend a bunch of time with Mr Google to track them all down. Have you tried a good local plumbing supply house?

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Way to shallow.

What are the advantages of SS over plastic?

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Much more durable. Won't crack (as easily). Won't melt/burn with a hot pan. Discoloration and small scratches can be removed with steel wool. It's shiney :)

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'll look into that. I dont care about scratches,shineyness or asethetics, im cleaning paint , and i dont have hot pans. I wouldnt want it to crack though. I'll be using it about 80hrs a year.

Do i have to get a wall mounted faucet with a resteraunt type sink?? I had my eye on a regular fuacet and i have cinderblock directly behind the sink.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I'll look into that. I dont care about scratches,shineyness or asethetics, im cleaning paint , and i dont have hot pans. I wouldnt want it to crack though. I'll be using it about 80hrs a year.

Do i have to get a wall mounted faucet with a resteraunt type sink?? I had my eye on a regular fuacet and i have cinderblock directly behind the sink.

I would look for a restaurant sink that has a high back splash. The back splash is were you would mount the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks