Why would my circulator pumb keep going out?

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
It is a brand new system & I am getting ready to get a 3rd pump. It has only been 2 months since the system has been in service.
we have 160 feet of baseboard in a 1400 sq foot 2 story house.
we have a TACO 1/10 hp 2400. They work geteat the house is warm but they are noisy. They make the sound of bad bearings. They have given us a free replacement but I am thinking I do not want a 3rd one.

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
thanks for the input:
may I please address your thought?
Air?
as in the water system, not air input?
Air in the system, 1st:) the Navien self purges air upon start up. (seems to do pretty well )
2nd:) We have new bleeder installed on all stations. me & wife bleed it well all stations are warm, & do not hear funny noise in pipes.

AIR: input? I am allowed 150' it is all new sealed, free & clear, 15' run 3" dia, I don't think you mean input though.
thanks for your reply

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
This is considered a commercial pump, roughly 4 times more than you likely need.

Who designed the system? Which Navien? Primary/Secondary? Multi-zone?
the pump we had on our last system was the 1/12 hp B&G we are using the same base boards. I see in the spec that the head of the B&G 1/12 is like 8'if I remember correctly. The Taco 2400 1/10 head is a little higher, & maybe cfm is a little higher. When I talked to the Taco engineers, they said that if the system was gated down it would not hurt the taco. What pump would you suggest?
EDIT:
navine 240/1 zone
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited: