Whole house water filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Fritz-the-cat

Fritz the Water Guru
Reaction score
Greg Mueller and gang: I am an early adopter the Homespring Zeenon-Maytag, following its' development by Zenon in Oakville (30 minute drive from me) long before the Maytag partnership. My unit is 17 years old now. No problems really. However, I had to disconnect 3 years ago for a City water Meter replacement, and was going to change the pipes around at same time to clean up the tangled pipe mess the Maytag installer created originally as well as cabinet work and this filter was in the way. Well, that project never happened - too major, and the unit sits idle with mere tape over the holes, so it may be mostly dry inside. I do have 6 spare charcoal filters, no SS filter (I wish) and that expensive Maintenace and Integrity tester kit. I also managed to get one of those **** online units ( missing the valves etc) as a back-up but it still sits for a decade (covered in plastic) much like Greg's. Glad to see Greg's came to life in long storage.

What also brings me here is a former Maytag sales rep is passing to me a Demo unit - minus the valves etc. , that is the MWD 2100 AXX. Much the demo equivalent to MWF2100 of GREG'S

Looking for anyone who may have an inkling how to get the demo unit functional. There is no carbon top filter, but I have that spare filter. There is a membrane with a visibility window which likely will not handle the water pressure, so I have to cover that without leaks somehow. threaded holes are all capped. I see many on this thread also had to add all the outside parts -hose, pressure valve, solenoid, etc. I can handle that. Maybe Andy Warness knows if any of the parts - membrane and shell parts are useable as at least replacement parts in the event something of my older units breaks. the see-thru sidewall is a big concern. Andy : are these Demo display units have any real parts? Is the Zeeweed membrane inside the DEMO units the same as inside the regular units ? or straw tubes no holes?

looking forward to at least have spare parts for the future or MacGyver a back-up unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks