Whirlpool Washing Machine Drain Hose (Baffle) Question, Advice Please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Blooboyd

Reaction score
Advice Wanted:
My drain hose from pump has what looks like a 'baffle' with a tiny hole in it. My original issue was the washing machine rubber boot was full of water so I assumed the filter needed to be cleaned out. In order to do that, I had to remove the pump as I couldn't get the cap off of the filter. (Longer story, I'll save you the grief.) It was removing the drain hose from the pump that I looked inside and noticed this 'baffle'. I gently touched it with a small screwdriver and it does move. Is this an important part of this hose? Should I keep this in place or remove it and why? Does it operate as a baffle? I didn't fool around too much with it as I didn't want to break it. It seems to be rubber. Thank you for your advice!

IMG-3735 (2).JPG

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks like a check valve with a bleed down hole ? dont know anything about washers I could guess why but not going too it would be a wild guess

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Agreed, its important because it was designed with this device which I too believe would be a check valve to prevent waste from back feeding.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks