Where should recirculating pump be placed?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Martin Cooney, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Martin Cooney

Martin Cooney New Member

I have a heat pump water heater with a thermostatic mixing valve, expansion tank, vacuum breaker valve and a recirculating pump. My system does not have a dedicated return line so APCOM BPV Aqua-Flash Bypass Pressure Relief Valves are installed at sinks at the end of each circuit.

Placement of the recirculating pump is a riddle in my mind. I have searched the web, but most systems are using dedicated return lines. Where is the recirculating pump normally placed in relation to the thermostatic bypass valve?

2. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber