What parts do I need to install a new dishwasher?

Users who are viewing this thread

DannyDan

Reaction score
Just purchased a new Bosch dishwasher.
It comes with a standard power cord and I have an outlet below the sink where the old one is connected. So no need for the hard wire madness, I hope.

I'm assuming then I would just need a standard dishwasher hose? Any one in particular you recommend? Are there different sizes, etc?

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some Bosch's have the nice n easy plug on the back, so that part's real simple.

Any big box store should sell "dishwasher" supply hoses (flexible, braided steel) in various lengths. 5 ft is good if your DW is right by the sink, and that's where your waterline is. More length might be necessary if your connection is under the floor, or around cabinet corners.

Get a hose that comes with the 90° elbow required for the hook-up (3/8 by hose connection), and you'll be good to go.

DannyDan

Reaction score
Some Bosch's have the nice n easy plug on the back, so that part's real simple.

Any big box store should sell "dishwasher" supply hoses (flexible, braided steel) in various lengths. 5 ft is good if your DW is right by the sink, and that's where your waterline is. More length might be necessary if your connection is under the floor, or around cabinet corners.

Get a hose that comes with the 90° elbow required for the hook-up (3/8 by hose connection), and you'll be good to go.

Thank you for the detailed response.
How would I know if my Bosch comes with that fancy plug? I ordered model SHPM78Z55N.
If it is the fancy plug, should I still get the standard supply hose, or do I need something else?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
The Bosch and any other brand it will come with a drain hose. You'll need the water supply connector at the dishwasher. The end to the dishwasher is a garden hose thread. You'll also need to get a premolded AC appliance cord. Some municipalities require direct wire. therefore. all manufactures do not supply a power cord with the machine.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...re-Dishwasher-Power-Cord-Kit-98250/307638974?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...washer-Supply-Line-7223-96-38-6E-EB/205854123

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I usually use a 5 ft long 3/8 x 3/8 compression hose and a 3/8 mip x 3/8 compression 90 at D/W. No mention of if there is an existing d/w you might need an airgap, a y branch if no disposal at kitchen sink. D/W should not be connected directly without airgap unlike many parts of country
I dont think you need a cord as it has one already, I have yet to see a D/W require hard wired in a residence in california, and if there is a plug right there Id probebly use it but I belive it requires a dedicated circuit and breaker just for this appliance. however if there is an outlet under sink right there Id run with it. If we missed something or further question feel free to ask. Remember we dont know whether this is a remodel , new home or addition, or if house currently plumbed for it. but you got a lot of info good luck

DannyDan

Reaction score
The Bosch and any other brand it will come with a drain hose. You'll need the water supply connector at the dishwasher. The end to the dishwasher is a garden hose thread. You'll also need to get a premolded AC appliance cord. Some municipalities require direct wire. therefore. all manufactures do not supply a power cord with the machine.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...re-Dishwasher-Power-Cord-Kit-98250/307638974?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...washer-Supply-Line-7223-96-38-6E-EB/205854123

Thank you!
Mind if I ask, is this the "top of the line" in terms of quality? I don't mind spending some more given that water leaks seem to be way more expensive...

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
My opinion and Im not an expert in D/w . Ive had whirlpool and samsung kind of middle prices 15 year with the whirlpool , 5 years with samsung. never a problem with either but replaced after 15 years. My brother has the miele over a thousand bucks mine never broke his has twice but no leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks