What manual 5/16" Inner Core drain cable would you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

KineticoUser

Reaction score
I have a rental house that I occasionally need to snake out. The drain lines are cast iron, and I have two areas that tend to be most challenging. The kitchen sink has a San Tee in the wall, rather than a Long-Turn Tee Wye. I tend to have difficulty making the 90° turn with my 1/4" snake. I also have difficulty getting around the trap for the washing machine drain. I have both drill mounted and manual options to use. I'm thinking a 5/16" inner core drain cable might be more durable and less likely to wrap around itself. Since this is only for occasional use, I'd like to spend no more than about $80. Which brands and models do you recommend?

KineticoUser

Reaction score
Thank you. They appear to have different models. Which do you recommend (25HE1A Flexicore® with EL Basin Plug head ; 25HE1A-DH Flexicore® with Down head; 25HE1AC Flexicore® with Female Connector; L-25FL1-A Flexicore with standard head)?

Nebojsa

Reaction score
I am not a professional, all of those have some benefit, but i would also like to hear what plumbers here have to say also.

25HE1A Flexicore with EL Basin Plug head
The EL Basin Plug head is designed for clearing stoppages in basins and sinks.
Suitable for navigating through tight bends and traps.
Good for kitchen sink applications and navigating the 90° turn in your kitchen sink's San Tee.

25HE1A-DH Flexicore with Down head
The Down head is often used for straight runs and can be effective for breaking through obstructions.
May be suitable for the washing machine drain if you can access the line beyond the trap.

25HE1AC Flexicore with Female Connector
The female connector allows for easy attachment to other drain cables or tools.
This can be useful if you need additional length or want to connect different tools.
L-25FL1-A Flexicore with standard head
The standard head is a versatile option for general use.
Can be effective for various types of blockages and situations.

The 25HE1A Flexicore with EL Basin Plug head seems like a good choice for addressing the 90° turn in your kitchen sink's San Tee. For the washing machine drain trap, you might want to start with this option and switch to the 25HE1A-DH Flexicore with Down head if you encounter difficulties getting past the trap.

royalflush001

Reaction score
A 5/16" inner core drain cable is a good option for your rental house, as it will be more durable and less likely to kink or wrap around itself than a 1/4" cable. Here are a few brands and models to consider, all under $80:
Ridgid 56787 C-2IC Drop Head 25' Cable - This is a great choice for both drill-mounted and manual use.
Milwaukee 25 ft. Inner Core Drop Head Cable 48-53 - It has a rust-resistant coating and a unique cable wind geometry that provides stronger pull force.

KineticoUser

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. I would also like to hear from professionals who have used each of these and can give me a good comparison for my purposes.
Nebojsa -- sorry for the delay. I forgot to press "Post reply."
Royalflush001 -- How do the Ridgid and Milwaukee cables compare with the Flexicore? Which of these 3 would you recommend?

KineticoUser

Reaction score
I ended up ordering the 25HE1A-DH from 24Hr Supply. It came in just under my $80 limit. Luckily, my lines are clear right now, but at least I'll have it on hand if they get clogged again.

Hefty_Bike3290

Reaction score
A 5/16" inner core drain cable is a good option for your rental house, as it will be more durable and less likely to kink or wrap around itself than a 1/4" cable. Here are a few brands and models to consider, all under $80:
Ridgid 56787 C-2IC Drop Head 25' Cable - This is a great choice for both drill-mounted and manual use.
Milwaukee 25 ft. Inner Core Drop Head Cable 48-53 - It has a rust-resistant coating and a unique cable wind geometry that provides stronger pull force. I remember today like it was yesterday, struggling with school assignments that seemed impossible to complete. Back then, I used the geometry assignment help service where I easily found answers to everything that interested me. That kept my desire to learn alive. And now it seems to me that everything was so easy back then.
Thank you for the advice, I chose this one Milwaukee 25 ft. Inner Core Drop Head Cable 48-53 since we have increased humidity... So far fully satisfied, I recommend it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks