Well water

Users who are viewing this thread

Geo422

Reaction score
Lake house in MN water stinks of rotten eggs or sulfur iron deposits on toilets .culligan water softener to no use . So I now have the house and would like to be able to use the water.
I know there is a solution out there and would like to get educated before I start asking around.

Reach4

Reaction score
There are various things that can help with iron+H2S.

You might ask a neighbor or two about how they handle it.

H2S injection, and a good contact tank, followed by a granulated activated carbon tank can be good.

My system use Centaur Carbon in a 10x54, which gets treated with a bleach solution every 3 days during regen. Works for me. It gets backwashed at 5 gpm, because the media is lighter.

Knowing how many gpm your pump can deliver is important for some treatments. Read this forum for other comments. A good search in the search box above might be iron sulfur .

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
We need to know how mush H2S is in the water. A couple PPM and a simple catalytic carbon tank may do the trick, any more than that and you may be looking at H2o2 injection and Katalox Light or Carbon. Low levels can be treated with an AIO3 system. Lots of treatment methods but without a water report we can only throw out wild guesses.

Since youown the well, you are now the municipality. A proper water test is worth it.

Use this link, get the well test standard, it should do you just fine. For h2s testing, this need to be done onsite as it is a gas.
NTLWATERTEST

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks