Weil Mclain GV4 series 2 Condensate Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Fletch1

Reaction score
Yes pump running while boiler normal cycles through high and low limits constantly. I noticed the issue when rooms got too hot . When 2nd BR2 is placed on automatic everything for that zone works as it should. That is to say when the thrmostat is satisfied, pump and boiler stops until next call for heat..

"Currently running the MBR zone valve (shown in photo) manually open and 4: 6" Runtal UF-2 manually open running off the 1: 59' of fin tube themostat and all works normal.

I will now make it all go by way of the MBR thermostat.

I believe there is a controller here is photo...

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 188
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Fletch1

Reaction score
Dana said, "If yes, does it work any differently if the zone 1 valve is manually opened, and everything is running off the second bedroom's thermostat?"

No it does not work any different off the 2nd MBR thermostat. Everything starts and shuts down normal when thermostat calls for and is then satisfied. However, once 2nd BR is engaged manually, the pump and boiler continue to run as though something is calling for heat. Even when all the thermostats are turned off.

Last edited:

Fletch1

Reaction score
So, tonight I changed the zone valve power head and the problem is resolved. It's not the kind of problem your likely to come across. Everything works as normal including the zone that the bad power head controls, that is till you happen to open the bad power head manually. Then you will know because the boiler and cilculator pump will keep going as though the thermostat for any of your zones is calling for heat. Even if you turn off all the thermostats the system keeps working. For me the 1st clue was the the two zones I was combining became way to warm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks