Water Temperature Changing

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeKenmore

Reaction score
I've noticed in the past 3-4 days that I've had to turn the handle on the bathtub a little more to get the same water temperature as before. My wife noticed similarly on the kitchen sink. Is my water heater dying (60 gal electric tank)? It was generally normal temperatures and nothing more extreme than anything I've seen in the past 4 years we've lived here. Tank is 11 years old.

Reach4

Reaction score
Could be various things. For example, one of your elements could be burned out. Could be that you need to adjust the thermostats a bit higher because the temperature setting drifted a bit.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My bet would be that you're in a cold snap. If not, then it may be new water heater time coming or maintenance required. It can take a few days for the ground to cool off and a few more once cold to warm back up a bit. I've seen my incoming cold water supply reach just above freezing after a cold spell. Most of WA probably doesn't get that cold, but there are certainly some areas that can.

In a shower, this is one reason why I like a thermostatically controlled valve...you set your desired temp, and don't worry if it's summer or winter; it adjusts itself and you just turn the water on/off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks