Water system recommendation for manganese and iron removal

Users who are viewing this thread

Hiren

Reaction score
Hi,
I live in north jersey (New Jersy) and well water. We have a problem with black algae in cold water supply and brown,yellowish and red stain in toilet and sink. Also, water has a foul smell. The water softener system is 12 years old and its local portasoft system 48K grain with Autotrol 255 manual control. I recently did the well water testing and samples were collected before softner. The results are as below.
Iron, Total, ---0.126 mg/l
Manganese, Total, 0.264 mg/l
Nitrate/Nitrite, <0.050 mg/l
Which system did you guy recommend to remove manganese and iron and smell which can run economically?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
There are many options available but... what is your hardness, pH, TDS, etc.? Did you get a complete water test or just the items listed above? Was you water nice until the existing system failed? Is your old system a salt softener?

brocker

Reaction score
If you're just looking to remove iron, manganese and sulfur (smell)... then you should consider an air injection oxidizing filter system. Let me know if you would like me to point one out to you online.

Hiren

Reaction score
There are many options available but... what is your hardness, pH, TDS, etc.? Did you get a complete water test or just the items listed above? Was you water nice until the existing system failed? Is your old system a salt softener?
Yes. I just tested the water ,w e bought a house in 2016 Sept. It's been smelly water sice 206 we bought our house.

Hiren

Reaction score
Hi Please see attached my well water testing report from 2016 & 2019(last page).
We need to review your complete lab results including the qualities Ditttohead listed (hardness, pH, TDS etc). If your report does not include those results, then you will require a comprehensive test such as offered here: http://watercheck.myshopify.com/?aff=5
from 2016 test report

upload_2019-8-19_14-2-11.png

upload_2019-8-19_14-2-33.png

from 2019
upload_2019-8-19_14-3-2.png

Reach4

Reaction score
somehow i cant attached file. It's keep throwing error like" file is too big"
1. You can post onto a different site and put a link here.
2. You can copy and paste the data into a text file or edit otherwise to get text. Format it as best you can. Then paste it into a post.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks