Water Softener loop near floor in garage

Users who are viewing this thread

Wayne Nihart

Reaction score
I’ve got a Fleck 5600SXT on the way. I was researching the install and I see that most loops have been plumbed about 4’ or so above grade. The loop in my garage has been plumbed about 1’ above grade. Are there any water flow best practices I should be aware of while installing my softener? Or can I just elbow up and elbow in to the valve, leaving with two more elbows? As an electrician, we are picky about bending our wires into 90 degree angles for fear 0f the electricity running out the end. ;) Are there any similar concerns when it comes to water pipes and flow?

Thanks. Lovely resource you guys have here. I’ll be certain to hit you guys up for guidance on how to program this thing if you don’t mind.

Reach4

Reaction score
No problem running the water from a lower connection. Will you use flex connectors? The braided lines are not as good as the corrugated lines. They have a smaller diameter rubbery liner, and that can degrade.

Wayne Nihart

Reaction score
Yes. I think that would be best. PEX up the wall and transition to flex at a reasonable height to allow for a little bit of moveability. Thanks for the tip on that which to get.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks