Water softener is not softening

Users who are viewing this thread

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Here is a link to the installation manual. 88 pages long it has a lot of information on setting it all up. If you do have one or needs download it, look it over and you might notice something. Depending on the age of the unit, may be easier to toss it and get a new one. How much of this vaale did you bring to the softener shop? Was it the whole head?https://www.pentairaquaeurope.com/s...aterals/installer_manual_fleck_5800lxt_en.pdf

When I had a RainSoft unit installed around 1981, it was all mechanical and the body was all brass. The motor drove a cam that pushed a valve down to place the unit in bypass for the regen cycle. The valve was so tight and hard to move that several times the shear pin broke at the motor and only when it was in the bypass mode. Taking it all apart it was a job to pull the valve out of its sleeve. I would clean the brass to clean it and use a lubricant on the O rings and replace the pin.

This site references Fleck and Rainsoft that uses common parts. https://www.softenerparts.com/Rainsoft_Parts_Help_s/46.htm

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Salty water to drain right away is not normal. If you look at the drawings on page 19 of the European manual you will see the water flow must go all the way through the resin prior to going to the drain. If salty water is going to drain immediately it is either a torn seal or a bad riser o-ring. Your riser o-ring looks perfect. I would rebuild the seal/spacer kit. I will send you a pm. You are welcome to call me and I will run you through some basic troubleshooting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks