Water Softener for pool auto fill line

Users who are viewing this thread

Jef_R

Reaction score
I'm hoping an expert can weigh in on my project. I live in Buckeye,AZ and have an existing water softener due to the hard water out here. I'm in the process of having an unground pool built and would like to have my system hooked up to my auto fill , as it's been highly recommended to help keep my pool water hardness manageable. I'm concerned my current 1 tank unit won't be able to keep up in the summer months. My thoughts were to change it to a 2 tank system, which many AZ pool owners use, and run a line to my pool equipment, which may be a PITA. Or could I install a new 2 tank system outside near my pool equip and tie into my existing 1/2" hose bibb line? Can they even be outside? Sorry for the long story but I just wanted to hopefully explain everything.

Reach4

Reaction score
I presume the two tanks you are referring to are the media tank and brine tank. They can be outside if it does not freeze, but they must be protected from UV. That could be with a cover.

Jef_R

Reaction score
I presume the two tanks you are referring to are the media tank and brine tank. They can be outside if it does not freeze, but they must be protected from UV. That could be with a cover.
Thank you for the info...appreciate it

MaxBlack

Reaction score
No offense, but we had a pool in Texas and I can't imagine why you'd want to do this. Dunno Buckeye climate, but in the Hill Country where the temps hit 100F (sometimes for 100 days) and rainfall was rare, the pool required a LOT of water, and you will need a Lot of salt.

We did install a rainwater collection system, and were able to use that to fill the pool water. You should at least consider that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks