Water pressure issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Daveid001

Reaction score
Hi, I recently replaced my water regulator after it had corroded so bad on the outside and started leaking. Everything went back together fine and got the air out of the system and cleaned all the sediment out of the faucets. I set the regulator to 60 PSI and every single faucet works great for water pressure except the kitchen sink. The kitchen sink is the closest to the front of the house where the water heater and water shut-off valve are. I took both water lines off and sprayed compressed air up through the faucet to make sure that there is no clog in it as well as i ran the water into a Bucket to make sure it had adequate pressure. There is a very strong pressure out of the water lines not connected but as soon as I put it back to the faucet I had varying results which was the same as what I've been having. I can turn on the faucet and it will be full pressure. I turn it off and turn it back on and it's half pressure. I turned it back off and on again and it's full pressure. I turn it back off and back on again and it's barely a stream coming out. I am kind of lost as to what to check next since every other faucet in the house has the same pressure is old. It seems like it's affecting the dishwasher as well since it is connected to that same water line as the sink.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
David

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you have a sprayer on the kitchen faucet? It sounds like the diverter may be partly stuck. Or, there's some debris in the line, or the aerator is plugged up.

Daveid001

Reaction score
I do have a sprayer next to the faucet on its own attached water line. What is a diverter and where exactly would it be?
I did clear the aerator on the sink and didn't have more than a speckle of dirt.
Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You'd have to know the make and model number of the faucet to know where that diverter would be located. If you know, you can usually find the parts breakdown. If you don't, post a picture and somebody will probably know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks