Water Main To House Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

C B Russell

Reaction score
Dug and found the leak. A BB size hole about a foot from PVC transition to copper on copper side. Need suggestions on proper way to repair?
Thanks
CB Russell

Attachments

• Water Leak.jpg
    Water Leak.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 224

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
For some reason and many forums some complain of copper pipes leaking like this. Pin wholes sizes inside homes. Depending on the length of copper you maybe better off changing the entire length with new soft copper or PVC. Why is there a transition of material? Could the PVC have been copper at one time?

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cut out a good portion of the copper and resection it with a piece of pex, a Sharkbite coupling, and a Sharkbite slip coupling.

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
sharkbite has a special wrap they make for wrapping their fittings when their installed under ground. I would use it.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
My home in in Palm Beach County built in 1990, was all copper. From the meter it was PVC but at the home from the ground into the home above grade was copper. My present home built in 2007 in Orange County, all CPVC and PVC from the meter to the house shut off. Nowadays, 100% PEX but not sure what is used from the meter. Probably local codes will vary.

https://www.sharkbite.com/products/silicone-wrap

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks