Water leaks from a pipe with sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mav

Reaction score
Whenever one of the sink upstairs is being used, can see water dripping from this area. Does not happen with a toilet or shower.

Any idea what could it be? Thanks for the help.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
water is leaking above so we know that much and its in the lav drainage some how it very well could be accesable from under the cabinet If it has metal piping above, there is a chance it could be at the wall where trap arm p trap connection is so a good look under there . might have to get exploratory with holes maybe a inexpensive camera DIY can save a lot but this can be beyond your level basicly follow the pipes though aint that complex but I dont want to push you to start bashing holes.
it could be the joint we see too, is that black plastic connected to pvc?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mav

Mav

Reaction score
@Jeff H Young, thank you for your valuable input - it has PVC piping under the faucet and drain pipe is going through a hole in cabinet into the floor.

Tightened up the connection just now, felt it was quite loose and will monitor now. Otherwise will loosen up all connections under the cabinet and inspect them. Thank you.

Mav

Reaction score
water is leaking above so we know that much and its in the lav drainage some how it very well could be accesable from under the cabinet If it has metal piping above, there is a chance it could be at the wall where trap arm p trap connection is so a good look under there . might have to get exploratory with holes maybe a inexpensive camera DIY can save a lot but this can be beyond your level basicly follow the pipes though aint that complex but I dont want to push you to start bashing holes.
it could be the joint we see too, is that black plastic connected to pvc?
Everything under the sink and inside the cabinet is PVC, can't tell what it is going into inside the floor.

Do I need to add any pipe dope or a teflon tape for the connection that is going into the floor? Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
Is that a pipe at the very top of your photo?

You could tape/tie some toilet paper or paper towel around higher suspect areas. If that does not get wet, then the cause is below your paper.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
assumed when he ran water it was leaking at the lower level and dry above ? but yea toilet paper is a good tattle tale on leaks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks