Water heater query

Users who are viewing this thread

Molo

Reaction score
flush the tank multiple times?

Is flushing a hot water tank multiple times a good idea? We have alot of sediment in the tanks around here.

Thanks,
Molo

V

vaplumber

hj said:
VAPLUMBER;
Is that what they cost or what you sell them to the customer for. If it is the selling price it might pay to have you come and repair the heaters here and then I would rebill to the customer at my rates.

That is what the multi fit replacements sell for over the counter at the local hardware store here. The suggestion was based on a diy'er fixing his own heater. If I were to do the work, depending on the unit, I would charge about $21 for a lime guard element, and about $18 for a name brand thermostat (which has very little mark up, by the way), plus labor charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vaplumber

molo said:
Is flushing a hot water tank multiple times a good idea? We have alot of sediment in the tanks around here.

Thanks,
Molo

Yes, and you might even want to unscrew the bottom element and try to break up as much of the crud as you can if you havent drained the tank in a while. We have problems here with deposits, and I usually suggest draining the tanks about every 4-6 months just to stay on the safe side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks