Water Filter on 1 1/2 inch water line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chipper44

Reaction score

Reach4

Reaction score
3/4 inch piping is plenty for 7 gpm.

Looking at your filter choice, what is your purpose-- chlorine and odor removal? Not chlorine, since your well water does not have chlorine, but may have tastes and odors. This filter will not be the right thing for iron. It does not do backwashing, and they list that as a feature. I would think you might put this after the softener, rather than before. I am not a pro. I don't have much ueful to offer, but just things to think about.

But yes, 3/4 inch piping does not seem to be adding a significant restriction.

It is not usual to filter water for irrigation or hose spigots.

Chipper44

Reaction score
3/4 inch piping is plenty for 7 gpm.

Looking at your filter choice, what is your purpose-- chlorine and odor removal? Not chlorine, since your well water does not have chlorine, but may have tastes and odors. This filter will not be the right thing for iron. It does not do backwashing, and they list that as a feature. I would think you might put this after the softener, rather than before. I am not a pro. I don't have much ueful to offer, but just things to think about.

But yes, 3/4 inch piping does not seem to be adding a significant restriction.

It is not usual to filter water for irrigation or hose spigots.
I am doing a water test tonight. I was hoping the below would be more than sufficent to tackle anything I find on the test.
We do have iron when we run water to the faucets.

I was mainly curious if you could have 1 1/2 pipe, drop down to 3/4 inch then jump back up to 1 1/2 pipe.

I was thinking of doing a:
Pre Filter
AO Smith Carbon Filter
AO Smith Descaler
Post Filter

1658183889123.png

Reach4

Reaction score
I looked at the page, and I still don't know. If I wanted to descale pipe, I would figure to inject acid. Yet somehow I doubt that is what you are buying. The other thing I would think of is some kind of mechanical device to remove scale. Clearly the Lowes device is not that. I think you should know before buying.

There are things called TAC (Template Assisted Crystallization) softeners or conditioners. Some people don't think those are hokum. I am not one of those.

Charlotte98779

Reaction score
We have nicely water. The water line coming out of the stress tank in 1 half of inch.
Using cold water filters in hot water could really cause problems. We offer these filters for higher temperatures so that you can safely filter your hot water line. Whatever temperature or pressure you need, these filter systems can help!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks