Water coming from vents in well cap

Users who are viewing this thread

GB-man

Reaction score
Hello all thanks for taking the time to help me out. I’ve used this forum many times in the past for remodel plumbing information and it’s always been a valuable source as a simple reader of former posts and solutions.

I have recently purchased a property in central ny state that has a well. I do not know much about wells so here I am.

My well is spewing out clean water from the two dime sized screened vent holes under the metal cap. Is this just seasonal artesian flow or is it something I need to get plumber to address? Any help is appreciated.

GB-man

Reaction score
E66EFBA9-3365-4936-9915-4A380E7F0BB9.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question.

It already looks like your casing is out of the ground a fair amount. I wonder if extending the casing another 2 ft would help. If this is pretty much peak flow, it does not seem so bad to me. I am not a pro.

One thing I think I might do is to seal the top of the conduit with duct seal to keep the water from going down the conduit. I did that to prevent possible ingress of ants into my well. I shoved the duct seal in around the wires as best I could by hand.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is not the type of well seal that is supposed to be used on flowing wells. Take the cap off and have a look. Most likely there is a hole in the pipe or the pitless o-ring is leaking a spraying up to the top of the well seal. Does the pump come on when no one is using water?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks