Washing Machine vs Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

johnnyd

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just noticed today that when the washing machine drains the toilet bubbles enough to soak the seat and cover. Both are located in the basement. Vent problem ?

Thanks in advance.

johnnyd

Reaction score
plumber1 said:
No, sewer problem...........

I just checked my tank (visual) via the pipe(s) and it looks high. I scheduled to have it pumped. I hope that does it !
Last time it was pumped was 2 1/2 years ago.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Could possibly have an obstructed sewer pipe or a problem with the septic tank..Have the septic fellow check the line from the tank to the house....

johnnyd

Reaction score
plumber1 said:
Could possibly have an obstructed sewer pipe or a problem with the septic tank..Have the septic fellow check the line from the tank to the house....

Will do. Thanks

johnnyd

Reaction score
plumber1 said:

Ok Here we go. You were right ! Woke up this a.m. with the sewerage backing up in my basement shower . Called my pumper for a emergency visit and now all is well. It was the main line from the house that was clogged. Also found out I have a dual tank plus the pump tank going to my sand mound.
Anyway thanks again !

timo

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. How did you know whether to call a plumber or a septic clean-out company?

johnnyd

Reaction score
tinamarie said:
I'm having the same problem. How did you know whether to call a plumber or a septic clean-out company?

I just crossed my fingers. But the septic company I used would have done both jobs if needed. The clog was at the end of the main pipe that enters the tank ,so it was a easy fix.