Washing machine drain hose through a wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Grebus

Reaction score
I have a washing machine on one side of a wall and a utility sink on the other side of the wall which is in my shop. Currently the WM drains into a 1.5" standpipe which often clogs with lint. I would like to have the WM discharge into the utility sink so I can filter the lint and control the flow of the wastewater.

I know it may sound hokey, but am I creating any issues if I run the discharge hose through the wall (at a vertical angle) and get it to the sink on the other side?

Reach4

Reaction score
(at a vertical angle)
What do you mean by that? I would think you would go through horizontally.

I would not put a splice or connector in the wall, so if you use an extension kit, I would have the connections outside of the wall. Some sort of bushing could dress that up. https://www.cableorganizer.com/arlington-industries/wire-bushings/
1-plastic-wire-bushings.jpg

I am not a plumber

Last edited:

Grebus

Reaction score
I was thinking that it would be better if the hose was at a bit of a vertical angle when it runs through the wall, like the attached drawing. I would use a new longer drain hose to avoid any connections inside the wall, and I like the idea of using bushings to dress up the look on both sides. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 310
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks