Wall Hung or back discharge for basement toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

KelliSean

Reaction score
we are in the planning process of finishing an area of the basement. We are getting bids for plumbing and electrical as those have to be licensed to get permits.
We are on a slope away from the street so our whole house is on some sort of sewage ejector up to the street.
I am looking at wall hung toilets so we wouldn’t have to break into the concrete. The Geberit 2x6 carrier unit with a side discharge pipe. The powder room will be approx 3’x7’ with small sink to wash hands and toilet. There is a clean out about a foot from where we want the toilet wall. Is this type of unit my best option?
Thank you
Kelli

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you're not breaking concrete, perhaps. Though to get the fitting installed at 4" off the floor or so, you may need to break some concrete out for the fittings. The cleanout you're thinking of, cast or plastic? And what size? A picture would be nice.

Last edited:

KelliSean

Reaction score
599E232E-C512-4B83-B5A4-E314E84B8410.jpeg F6C150EC-80E0-4C72-9E0D-4C11CBCFCD9D.jpeg A67E95DD-C3ED-497E-8579-96D04269F368.jpeg

Here are a few photos for reference.
We are planning to put a dog wash and powder room on this wall.
Thank you
Kelli

If you're not breaking concrete, perhaps. Though to get the fitting installed at 4" or so, you may need to break some for the fittings. The cleanout you're thinking of, cast or plastic? And what size? A picture would be nice.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You look to have a 45 bend where it enters the floor. Any fitting you add would be above that. It starts getting pretty high after you add a santee there.

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
You look to have a 45 bend where it enters the floor. Any fitting you add would be above that. It starts getting pretty high after you add a santee there.

Terry, they could always just set the toilet up on blocks.....and make it work
it would have that trailer park classey flair about it but it would work :D:D

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
Mark, I was trying "not" to have that image in my head. Darn you! :(

You just have to find some pretty bricks to match the color of the toilet Terry... You know that we
both have seen much worse than that.....

OR How about some treated lumber ?? Like 2x12s stacked on top of each other???
:D:D:p

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My sisters cabin has a tub that is built up. When I have showered there, I tell myself to be ready to step down extra far. Doesn't work. I always stumble out and feel like a fool for not remembering.

KelliSean

Reaction score
Well I don’t want it raised off the floor on a platform. ha ha, I just thought the carrier unit in the wall with the wall hung toilet back or side discharge would be easier than breaking up the concrete and possibly having something ruin the grinder pump on the other side of that wall
Thank you
Kelli

Reach4

Reaction score
You have a septic pit on the other side of the wall? I would not think that a new short 3 inch pipe, from a closet flange, into the pit that is vented to the roof would need a further vent. But maybe rules say so. Logic does not, to me. I am not a plumber.

Breaking concrete may be easier than you think.

KelliSean

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies hopefully I will find a licensed plumber who can give me a bid. I’d like to get this basement project going. We can’t get a new puppy until this mud room is done.
Thanks
Kelli

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks