Vespin II water in bowl height

Users who are viewing this thread

PatrickVespin

Reaction score
I have 2 new Vespin II that we just had installed. One has the water in the bowl about 1/2 inch deeper than the other. The lower one has a water level about 1/2 below the first curve of the bowl (from the bottom of the bowl) and the deeper one the water is about 1/2 inch above the first curve. Curve is the first change in shape from the exit point.
The tank water height is the same on both.
After flushing the lower one fills to about 1/2 inch higher than its final level ( It fills then drains about 1/2 inch).
Variations in the casting process ??
Flummoxed in Flushville :)

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Is the lower one actually level? If the bowl is tilted backwards, the wier of the bowl is going to be lower relative to the water level, and more will drain over the weir. Otherwise, it might well be a casting issue, and you should feel free to call Toto about it. Because the bowll fills more, and then drains, I am not concerned that you might have an inadequate percentage refill, or that the refill tube is not pointing down the overflow riser, which would be two common causes of this.

Reach4

Reaction score
I did My water level is about 5-7/8 inches below the rim. My rim is pretty level; I used a level when I placed my shims. That is below a curve. If you use a level, are the two toilets leveled the same?

Are the water levels you describe what you see after several minutes, or right after the fill?

Last edited:

PatrickVespin

Reaction score
Is the lower one actually level? If the bowl is tilted backwards, the wier of the bowl is going to be lower relative to the water level, and more will drain over the weir. Otherwise, it might well be a casting issue, and you should feel free to call Toto about it. Because the bowll fills more, and then drains, I am not concerned that you might have an inadequate percentage refill, or that the refill tube is not pointing down the overflow riser, which would be two common causes of this.

It would appear to be a "weir"D problem the lower one is a full bubble off level (front of the toilet is higher than the back).
Fantastic help here -- appreciate it a lot. Plumber will get a call tomorrow -- I expect we will need to replace the ring since we are repositioning.
Oh well -- by the way they Flush wonderfully and are a dream to keep clean !!!! (the 300e Washlet pre-rinse helps a bit I expect)

Reach4

Reaction score
The Vespin II uses a Unifit adapter. So your plumber will not need to change the wax ring to raise the toilet with shims. The toilet has a tube that fits into the big black gasket. So when you lift the aft part of the toilet, the tube will just sit higher in the gasket.

What you will have to watch for is if the sealant/caulk under the toilet is too strong, you could lift tiles when you lift. I don't know what the procedure is to break the bond.

Then new caulk, (Terry likes Poly Seam Seal Clear usually). This is structural in that it keeps the front of the toilet from sliding.

PatrickVespin

Reaction score
The Vespin II uses a Unifit adapter. So your plumber will not need to change the wax ring to raise the toilet with shims. The toilet has a tube that fits into the big black gasket. So when you lift the aft part of the toilet, the tube will just sit higher in the gasket.

What you will have to watch for is if the sealant/caulk under the toilet is too strong, you could lift tiles when you lift. I don't know what the procedure is to break the bond.

Then new caulk, (Terry likes Poly Seam Seal Clear usually). This is structural in that it keeps the front of the toilet from sliding.
ok will talk to my plumber about this as well. Thanks .. Appreciate it

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Slowly pour a cup of water into BOTH bowls then measure the height of the water. You can ONLY fill them to the design height and NEITHER one may be "full".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks