Venting (Rheem) question

Users who are viewing this thread

DingleBobber

Reaction score
Installing a Rheem RTGH-95DVLN.

Planning out the venting (should have done MUCH earlier in the installation - lesson learned). I'd prefer to to out the wall and use a low profile termination, but I'm really close to the 2' distance to soffit.

Is it possible to come up off the unit, go 90degrees, and then come down a bit (using a 45degree) before going through the wall? If it matters, I'm using InnoFlue for venting material.

Thank you!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
More and more condensation occurs as things cool off towards the outlet. Turning it down at the end will likely mean dripping out the end and in the winter, icing issues. Keep in mind that the condensate often is slightly acidic, too, and that dripping on the house or maybe pavement or worse, a car parked underneath could be a real problem. The installation manual will have some fairly strict requirements, and they must be followed for good performance and unit longevity and safety.

DingleBobber

Reaction score
Good points, vertical it is. I have a "s-tile" roof and haven't put anything through one before; will do some calling around tomorrow to see about having the concentric root termination installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks