Venting Question Bath Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm definitely not implying that the system is defective because we can't see primer/glue... but it should be verified in the locations that are still visible that a clear glue/primer system was used and can assume the entire system is done that way. Process of elimination. Check and verify the easy things that can be done before opening walls.

Mswlogo

Reaction score
If a bad joint, nail etc. why would it only stink when the sink is used? If it stunk all the time, sure I would lean towards that.

I don’t think he used the colored primer or did any tests at all.

As discussed above the tub leaked because it had no plumbers putty on the drain. Leaked when the tub was filled.

BTW it has not stunk the last few weeks. No idea why.

Also if any trap had no water in it, they would definitely stink.

Mswlogo

Reaction score
I’m 99% sure I found the cause of the stink.

It was ~0.5 mg/L of Manganese in the water.

I just added more filtering and have it down to 0.18 mg/L and the oder is gone. Hope to get it down below 0.05 mg/L

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks