Venting a peninsula

Users who are viewing this thread

trunt

Reaction score
Terry Here, first post.. I'm planning a kitchen remodel changing from a sink on a wall to a peninsula with wall to one side. To complicate things this is on a concrete slab. The sink ends up in the same basic position with the PVC 2" drain dropping into the slab behind the cabinets where I plan a 5" void for plumbing runs. the issue is venting it as Delaware frowns upon vent valves when there is a dishwasher and disposal as well. There is currently a dedicated 1.5" vent running up the removed wall to the joists which I can connect to from the side wall. However I found that the code does not allow horizontal vent runs below the sink flood height+6" However 45 degree runs are considered vertical. I have 2 ideas in the images. Comments/ideas appreciated.
vent1.jpg
vent2.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
top drawing works bottom drawing no bueno Top drawing is perfect in my opinion and I dont know of any code that prohibits it. Personally I prefer a real vent over an AAV so i wouldnt want the aav regardless of whether it was aprooved however it mighta been easier but im talking quality of work the vent is always better

trunt

Reaction score
Thanks
Yes after reading up I'm happier with a proper vent. The top seemed good and pretty simple to me but have to admit bottom was a late punt! I was also thinking I should put a cleanout directly above the drop into the concrete.

Last edited: