Under cabinet lighting junction box

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by jcojr72, Mar 11, 2010.

  1. jcojr72

    jcojr72 New Member

    Mar 11, 2010
    I am currently rennovating my kitchen and tring to install under cabinet lights. I have purchased the GE flourescent lights that are linkable. The lights come to be plugged into an outlet, however you can buy a junction box to make them hard wireable. Here is the junction box http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=326&idcategory=40 . So, what I want to do is run romex from the kitchen light circuit and pop through the back of the upper cabinet into this junction box. The junction box would be mounted on the underside of the cabinet, and for the most part be out of sight. My question is, the light circuit is a 120V 15amp circuit, but the junction box has a electrical rating of 240V 10 amps. Since you can only connect the flourescent lights to this junction box and they will not draw more than 10amps is this OK. Thanks.
  2. drick

    drick In the Trades

    May 16, 2008
    Its fine.

  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Under cabinet
Forum Title Date
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Adorne Under-Cabinet Lighting System Aug 20, 2014
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Wire gauge for under cabinet lighting. May 3, 2014
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Under cabinet light help Mar 10, 2014
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Mounting driver for LED under cabinet lighting Jan 26, 2014
Electrical Forum discussion & Blog Controlling under-cabinet fluorescent fixtures with a wall switch Jan 8, 2013

Share This Page