Two toilets connected on the same drain line

Users who are viewing this thread

cs11

Reaction score
I'm currently doing a remodel on two bathrooms that share the same wall. For drainage, the master toilet currently has a 4" drain line going to the main drain/vent stack. Would it be okay to come out of the main 4" stack with a 3" or 4" long radius combination wye so I can add a toilet to the other bathroom? I'm just worried when I flush one toilet it'll try to suck the water down from the other. If this happens, would it resolve the problem by adding a vent between the wye connection and new added toilet?

onmountain

Reaction score
Hi. I am thinking of doing the same type of thing. Add a toilet about 3 ft drain to drain distance from existing toilet. I just dont have a clear idea of what is under the slab in there. Should i cut the bottom drywall out along the back wall of existing toilet first to get idea of pipes and vents?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks