Turning on well pump at breaker box

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by John Ball, Jan 30, 2017.

1. John Ball

John Ball New Member

I have successfully replaced my well pump switch. However, when I return to this vacation home, I have to crawl under the home to the new switch and move the contact lever in order to start the pump. I use to be able to turn pump on at circuit breaker. I would like to be able to do that again. Any suggestions?

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I suspect that you have a pressure switch with a lever on it. The purpose of that kind of pressure switch is to shut down the pump if the pump runs out of water or fails to pump for some reason. You have to hold the lever to start the pump until the pump brings pressure above the shutdown level. http://www.schneider-electric.us/en/faqs/FA91634/

If that is the case, and you want to eliminate that, replace the pressure switch with one with no such lever. Most pressure switches do not have that feature.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files: