Turning on well pump at breaker box

Users who are viewing this thread

John Ball

Reaction score
I have successfully replaced my well pump switch. However, when I return to this vacation home, I have to crawl under the home to the new switch and move the contact lever in order to start the pump. I use to be able to turn pump on at circuit breaker. I would like to be able to do that again. Any suggestions?

Reach4

Reaction score
I have successfully replaced my well pump switch. However, when I return to this vacation home, I have to crawl under the home to the new switch and move the contact lever in order to start the pump. I use to be able to turn pump on at circuit breaker. I would like to be able to do that again. Any suggestions?
I suspect that you have a pressure switch with a lever on it. The purpose of that kind of pressure switch is to shut down the pump if the pump runs out of water or fails to pump for some reason. You have to hold the lever to start the pump until the pump brings pressure above the shutdown level. http://www.schneider-electric.us/en/faqs/FA91634/

If that is the case, and you want to eliminate that, replace the pressure switch with one with no such lever. Most pressure switches do not have that feature.

Attachments

• img_4.jpg
    img_4.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks