Tub overflow problem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by GMok, Jan 21, 2021.

1. GMok

GMok New Member

Hi guys. Probably a stupid question, but here goes.

the tub overflow is leaking into the room below.

Looked on YouTube and the fix seemed pretty straight forward. I got one of the gaskets that is fat on the bottom.

problem is that the black plastic downflow pipe is flush with the tub, with no play. I took off that bracket and can’t move the pipe at all. All the vids I’ve seen show a pipe that can be moved to work that gasket around it, and it kind of sits inside the hole around the pipe a little. Do I need a different kind of gasket?

any help on what I should do is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

228386BE-721A-4031-B61F-464B49C24175.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021