TT SMART 30 or 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Nanker Phelge

Reaction score
Installed a WBRNG080W with 2 zones 2 years ago and I couldn't be happier.

My electric 70 gal hot water heater has been slowly leaking for the past year and has just packed it in. So it's a no-brainer to add a third zone DHW to my primary loop.

I have all but settled on the Tri-Tube SMART but just not sure if I should go for the 30 (28 gal) or 40 (36 gal).

My gut tells me to go for the 40 but I would really like to get the smallest tank possible without much risk of continually running short of hot water when its needed. There are 4 people in the house (2 adults and 2 young, not yet teenage children). I do live in a northern clime and so the city water in is generally going to be cold.

I need to get this ordered by tomorrow, so I would appreciate reading anyone's opinions regarding sizes, as well as experience with the TT SMART series.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks