Trying To Identify the Manufacturer of a Piece

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by fajmerchant, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. fajmerchant

    fajmerchant New Member

    Jan 13, 2005
    I'm desperately trying to figure out the manufacturer of a piece so that I might then discover how to fix a severe bathtub clog. The manner in which the linkage operates doesn't seem similar to that of any diagrams I've been able to find online or in books.

    So can anyone tell me who made this quite old piece? (And if you know the exact term for the type of piece it is, that'd be great -- it doesn't operate in the traditional flip-lever capacity, so I'm not sure that's what to call this).

    Here are two looks at it:



  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Well, it is called the waste and overflow trip lever. Obviously the eccentric cam causes the pin to move upward and downward. It should be linked to a barrel plug or some other device inside the overflow tube. It is possible that piece could be grabbed with pliers and removed.

    I don't actually recognize the piece. From the "C" I would possibly think Crane. The styling of the chrome plate is consistent with that.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Trying Identify
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Trying to identify shower Oct 30, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Trying to replace shower head without pipe! Dec 12, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Help trying to replace leaking O-ring in Moen Traditional kitchen faucet Dec 13, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Trying to remove Oatey Casper's SBCCI ES drain cover Sep 25, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Trying to figure out Brand on shower valve Jan 20, 2014

Share This Page