Troubleshooting 2900s valve

Users who are viewing this thread

GregJ

Reaction score
2900s goes through a regen. cycle and there is no water. No hard water bypass piston is in . what is the problem

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If you have a no hard water bypass piston, the piston shuts off the outlet during the regeneration process. Therefore you will have no water. Is it a single tank system? If so, then it is more common to use a Hard Water Bypass Piston. NHWBP pistons are usually used on multi tank systems.

GregJ

Reaction score
If you have a no hard water bypass piston, the piston shuts off the outlet during the regeneration process. Therefore you will have no water. Is it a single tank system? If so, then it is more common to use a Hard Water Bypass Piston. NHWBP pistons are usually used on multi tank systems.
After cycle is complete the NHWBP piston goes all the way in when it should be out. My thought is a micro switch or could the top and bottom switches be out of sync. This is a single tank system,thanks

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Is it a mechanical (3200) or NXT series controller? I would recommend removing the wires from the micro switches and reconnecting them. These can get installed improperly causing a poor connection. The mechanical system design is quite simple and easy to diagnose by using the wiring schematics. The electronic NXT... if the problem persists do a master reset of the controller and reprogram it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks