TOTO Neorest MS950CG Leak q’s

Users who are viewing this thread

#Burbslut

Reaction score
DF13C866-8F79-49D5-9C26-D7D05DEE1ADB.jpeg
6D9F7BF7-4DAC-4375-8A81-33CD5F28F857.jpeg

my parents have a older 500 model and it has developed a leak in the fitting on the side behind a cover. It is a plastic hand tight fitting with 2 o rings and a small filter.

The whole assembly spins out. I attempted to just clean it and reinstall.

My father has lymphoma and has been having to walk up the stairs in a exhausted state so I would like to solve this sooner than later.

Can someone help? I have made a few calls around with no luck, and finding replacement parts is difficult.

I am located in Santa Cruz Ca

Thank you

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you managed to get this resolved, but I would call Toto tech support. They should be able to get you replacement parts or refer you to someone who can. That is just the filter that keeps junk out of the inner workings. Should be a part number Err.. looking up the part number and confirming it. But searching thru my manuals and product on the shelf I don't seem to have one in stock. THU911 seems to be the valve unit that the filter sits in. May need the whole valve replaced and that would entail a trained individual IMO. Good Luck.. hope you got or get it resolved!

Last edited:

Yugo Furst

Reaction score
View attachment 52258 View attachment 52259

my parents have a older 500 model and it has developed a leak in the fitting on the side behind a cover. It is a plastic hand tight fitting with 2 o rings and a small filter.

The whole assembly spins out. I attempted to just clean it and reinstall.

My father has lymphoma and has been having to walk up the stairs in a exhausted state so I would like to solve this sooner than later.

Can someone help? I have made a few calls around with no luck, and finding replacement parts is difficult.

I am located in Santa Cruz Ca

Thank you
Were you able to resolve this? I am having the same problem and would like any information you could give.
Thanks

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Were you able to resolve this? I am having the same problem and would like any information you could give.
Thanks
Toto Neorest repairs for the most part can only be undertaken at one of their factory repair facilities or by a Toto trained technician who has access to Toto Neorest parts.

The leak coming from the Left side while facing the N500 is not repairable without a replacement of the solenoid valve. However, Toto has stopped servicing the N500 and the N600 as of Sept '23.

GaryK02453

Reaction score
Found this thread as my N500 developed slow seepage into the bowl (with annoying hissing).
Took the flushing mechanism apart, but didn't find obvious problem. Anyone knows if parts exist anywhere?
2 suspects: 1) dual-drive valves (solenoid+manual-cord turn) 2) pair of plastic pistons.
HELP!

Attachments

• solen_Capture.GIF
    solen_Capture.GIF
    72.3 KB · Views: 19
  • pist_Capture.GIF
    pist_Capture.GIF
    42.4 KB · Views: 14

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Found this thread as my N500 developed slow seepage into the bowl (with annoying hissing).
Took the flushing mechanism apart, but didn't find obvious problem. Anyone knows if parts exist anywhere?
2 suspects: 1) dual-drive valves (solenoid+manual-cord turn) 2) pair of plastic pistons.
HELP!
*edit* Toto no longer offers in home or factory service for the N500 or the N600.

Nobody will have access to the internal parts for any Neorest. They are all supplied from the factory to their network of authorized repair technicians.

GaryK02453

Reaction score
*edit* Toto no longer offers in home or factory service for the N500 or the N600.

Nobody will have access to the internal parts for any Neorest. They are all supplied from the factory to their network of authorized repair technicians.
Would you have contacts for any authorized technitians who have? >>toto USA>>: "Unfortunately there are no parts available any longer".

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Would you have contacts for any authorized technitians who have? >>toto USA>>: "Unfortunately there are no parts available any longer".
Sorry I don't.

But if you go to the Toto.com website and click on <Products> <Neorest> <LS or any neorest> a list of showrooms will be displayed on "where to buy".. If any of them are plumbing shops that also service neorest then they might have parts leftover.

I would still call Toto first to see if they will help you diagnose the issue and they also would likely tell you which local company does their in house repair and MIGHT sell the parts to you directly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks