Toto Drake 2 mold

Users who are viewing this thread

Henry Kelly

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Drake 2 that works great. It has what I believe is called the double cyclone flush in the bowl However it looks like mold has formed in the outlet the water takes when entering the bowl. It is almost impossible to reach however occasionally black gunk breaks off and flushes into the bowl and down the drain. Is there something that can be used without damaging the toilet to damaging the components in the tank?

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have a sewer or septic? With sewer, you can very slowly pour bleach down the tank overflow tube.
Have you tried a bottle brush? You could dip that in cleaner or bleach and to into the holes.

unger-bottle-brushes-979790-c3_145.jpg
unger-bottle-brushes-979790-64_145.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Order a gallon of Moldex. It's concentrated, and will cost about the same as a couple of ready to use bottles, but can make way more than that once diluted. I use it in my air tub to clean its passageways and the tile. I use it in my toilets on occasion, but normally, just some dishwashing liquid and a brush cleans things up pretty good.

A bottle brush, or something small and long that can go into that opening has some chance of slowing its return, but once you have some in there, it will return.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks