Toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Jackson882

Reaction score
New construction home, slab on grade, and I need to backfill concrete around my toilet flanges. Do I bring the concrete flush to the flange? Or leave a gap between the flange and slab so after I set my tile it ends up flush with the flange?

Reach4

Reaction score
What flange will you use?
Or leave a gap between the flange and slab so after I set my tile it ends up flush with the flange?
Not that. Usually you would put the flange in place after the flooring is placed, and the flange sits atop the flooring.

Will you leave space around pipe to leave space in the concrete for the flange? That is important for 3 inch plastic risers, but probably for 4 inch too. They sell spacers to help you do that. The styrofoam type you can use a torch to make the styrofoam disappear.

Many prefer a stainless steel ring or a cast iron flange, instead of a glued-in flange with a plastic ring.

I am not a plumber.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks