Toilet flange too high

Users who are viewing this thread

Galerie

Reaction score
As you can see the toilet flange is too high, I am remodeling my bathroom and want the flange lower, if you notice in the pictures, there is some sort of soft stuff between the flange/closet and the pipe going down. The stuff on top of the flange is hard. Is there any way I could remove this and put in another closet/toilet flange that I could lower.

IMG_0068.jpg
IMG_0069.jpg
IMG_0070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It is often possible to lower the flange. It may or may not be easy...depends on what the parts are made of...cast iron/lead/plastic/etc. and how they were put together, as to whether there is any wiggle room.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You need a new flange, which should not be set until the floor is done. Drill & pull the lead out and the flange will come off. Get a new flange and lead it back in on top of the finished floor, then cut the excess pipe off the top.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That flange is pretty well shot anyway. Leading a new flange is the right way to go, but that is a job for a plumber. It won't take him long.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks