Toilet drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Tex13

Reaction score
I have single story house on a slab foundation built in the late 60s, so I have lots of sunken rooms.
I'm having baths remodeled. The old crane 2 pice toilet was not working in 1 bath, it swirled water but wouldnot really flush, there was water on floor & ceramic tile popingup. Plumber pulled toilet & threw it away, augered roots, replaced seal & seated toilet from another bathroom. Just so I would have a usable toilet while they work..but told me not to flush TP. because drain is CRACKED & he needs to jack hammer slab & replace drain, camera whole house drains & maybe replace sewer line. All My other drains work. I don't have water in the floor. I never had sewer odor.
What would you do?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I would get a plumber that isn't going to rip you off. The scope of work seems absurd for the complaint that you have.

Reach4

Reaction score
I thought it sounded reasonable. Flush toilet. Water rises from floor, and pops tiles. Rodding from the closet flange produces lots of roots, and I presumed that the roots from under the slab rather than out in the yard.

If replacing the sewer line means the line from the toilet thru the root area, that seems about right to me. The camera assessment seems like the good step before getting too much torn into.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks