Toilet drain to merge in offset part of main stack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Poissonn

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm in the middle of a complete bathroom remodel and I need to relocate the main drain/vent, the toilet as well as add a shower drain. The main drain/vent going from the basement straight through the roof is in the middle of the room so I want to move it in the left wall as illustrated bellow. I made a quick diagram of what I was thinking and wanted your opinion about it as there are a few things I'm really not sure about. Please keep in mind I did not draw components such as p-traps and sanT etc. It is mainly a routing diagram.

First of all, can I tie the toilet drain in the offset part of the main stack?
Also, can I tie the shower drain to the horizontal part of the toilet drain?

RED are walls
GREEN is plumbing piping
YELLOW are floor joists

Thanks!

top view.png
elevation view.png

Poissonn

Reaction score
Did you click on the photos? They do have a black background but you can cleary see the colored lines. I'll make some new drawings with white background this weekend! Anyone can look it up and give me some advices? I'm trying to avoid having an horizontal part in my main 3" dry vent...

Poissonn

Reaction score
Just did this drawing, it's different from the first layout...anything wrong with it?
serga.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks