Thermostat - Whirlpool

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by Shelly73, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Shelly73

Shelly73 New Member

I have a Whirlpool EE3J50RD045V water heater. It started overheating. I read that the thermostats are probably bad and need to be replaced. We replaced the heating elements and I know it sounds crazy but can't find the thermostats to replace them. The owners manual doesn't even have thermostats listed, it only shows temperature sensors. Does mine not have thermostats? Am I crazy?

2. dj2

dj2 In the Trades

How old is your WH?

MASTERPLUMB777 likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    That unit was made by American Water Heater. On line there are very few parts available. If may be discontinued. The problem could be the control board and I found what seems to be limit switches controlled by the controller. If this heater is over tens years old, replace it. This might have been the first attempt to make smart water heaters.