Thermostat - Whirlpool

Users who are viewing this thread

Shelly73

Reaction score
I have a Whirlpool EE3J50RD045V water heater. It started overheating. I read that the thermostats are probably bad and need to be replaced. We replaced the heating elements and I know it sounds crazy but can't find the thermostats to replace them. The owners manual doesn't even have thermostats listed, it only shows temperature sensors. Does mine not have thermostats? Am I crazy?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
That unit was made by American Water Heater. On line there are very few parts available. If may be discontinued. The problem could be the control board and I found what seems to be limit switches controlled by the controller. If this heater is over tens years old, replace it. This might have been the first attempt to make smart water heaters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks