Users who are viewing this thread

Baldrick

Reporter
Reaction score
This is a last piece in my puzzle.

2 zones:
- high temp underfloor
- low temp slab

1 primary pump, 2 secondary pumps (one with I-series setpoint mixing valve), Trinity Ti100 w/ Sentry 2100 control, Taco SR502 switching relay).

There already is one thermostat in a slab zone (it does central air heating and cooling). I am not sure if there is a thermostat that would do all in one (3 sources: central air HAC + radiant H) or I should just add on another dedicated heating only thermostat?

Second zone thermostat would do radiant only.

Any suggestions? Tekmar? Honeywell?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Radiant heating can use either the air temperature or the floor, but you would not want to use the floor temperature to control the a/c. Other than that, I'm out of my element!

Baldrick

Reporter
Reaction score
Radiant heating can use either the air temperature or the floor, but you would not want to use the floor temperature to control the a/c. Other than that, I'm out of my element!

It's too late in the game to add slab sensors so it will be air sensing.

I've read mixed opinions on dual-stage heating thermostats (is that the right name?). And I am not sure if they would work here.

I want radiant to have priority for heating and have furnace kick on only at ~50F (in case boiler fails) or when humidifier calls for fan.
That's the first floor. Second floor would be radiant heat call only.

So far I found Tekmar Nt 545 as candidate for 2-stage and Tekmar Nt 541 (or 542, but I am not sure if I need another progammable or 545 would program both zones) for single stage in second zone.

Still have to check out the Honeywell.

Would I need any additional controls with 545 and 541 or they would wire up directly to Taco SR502? Or is there a better way?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks