Testing a copper line

Users who are viewing this thread

adi

Reaction score
I am installing a steam generator for a steam shower. I ran a copper line that will be going from the steam generator to the shower area. I plugged one end and hooked up a water line to the other end to test for leaks. It's been two hours and I have no leaks. Is this enough time or should I wait 24 hours? Also, is this an acceptable way of testing for leaks?

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
if the line you are talking about is the one from the steam generator to the discharge flange in the shower, there is not much to worry about since there is not any real pressure on the line (the discharge end is always open).

Is the steam generator mounted on the same floor level as the shower? Do you have an "over-pressure" discharge line?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks