Teach me about heat exchangers and circulators!

Users who are viewing this thread

dangina

Reaction score
So I got this diagram from HTP to help out with my infloor heating, I guess the brazed plate HX separates the DMHW from the radiant, not sure how it does this, also I go to buy one online and noticed that there are different ones, and what separates them are how many plates they have, how many plates does one need? also the diagrams show 2 circulator pumps, I assume your thermostat is controlling one of them via relay, not sure what controls the other one?

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 256

dangina

Reaction score
thinking of going with the caleffi mixing station for this, or would the uponor (wirsbo) balancing valves be better? Is 1" sustainable or does one have to go to a 1 1/4" for the manifolds if your up to 8 loops? what determines this?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The first pump is controlled by an aquastat to keep the flat plate hot. The other pump is controlled by the thermostat to turn the pump on and off to maintain the room temperature. You need a heat calculation to determine what size and how many "loops" you need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks