Tankless. Should these wires be touching?

Users who are viewing this thread

jamesrav

Reaction score
I had a longer post written but apparently timed out before sending and I lost it - so here's the short version: Should these wires be touching? My tankless heater (outdoors, exposed to the elements close to the beach) has worked pretty well the past several years, but when I get a new tank of gas it often works the 1st time and then wont work for hours or a day or two. Then starts working fine. This time, no luck at all, just a click noise. I thought maybe a loose connection or something. I reached in among the mass of wires and this gray/yellow pair popped out. There was a 1-inch black sheath at the end. I cannot recall if the wires were touching at the very end or not, but they were not in good shape at the end (I clipped it off). I cant see why there'd be two wires that just ended in a black sheath for no apparent reason (?). If they need to be connected and have frayed over the years and finally detached, that would explain the failure. But I'm reluctant to connect them without a good indication they should be touching. Any thoughts? thanks.

Attachments

• tankless2.jpg
    tankless2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 153
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks