Tankless not flushed for 10+ years!! Best way to flush?

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by g20zoom, Nov 24, 2015.

1. g20zoom

g20zoom New Member

So my buddy has a place with a tankless...but no flush valves installed. This unit is 10+ years old, natural gas on a 1600 sf home. I'm not sure of the brand...but I can dig up a so so photo.

I'm going to help him get some flush valves installed...but was wondering the best solution to flush this one?
    It's been on San Diego CA hardwater all these years. I was thinking of putting about 3 gallons water with say the 28oz bottle of CLR...run for 1-2 hours? Then repeat with a new bottle of CLR?

Other suggestions? Will the flush water be obvious when done? meaning...does it go from murky to clear eventually when sufficient?

Thanks!

2. Dana

Dana In the trades

If it's 10+ years old and still flowing the water can't be very hard or it would have limed up to a trickle.

I'm not sure CLR is really the right stuff. Most people use a few gallons of white vinegar, per some manufacturers' instructions.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Leon82

Leon82 Member

I use a flow aid kit but you can make one with a 5 gal bucket a bottom suction pump and 2 washing machine hoses.

I use vinagar per Bosch instructions. But flow aid makes a product to descale also

5. Leon82

Leon82 Member

I do mine twice a year