Tankless not flushed for 10+ years!! Best way to flush?

Users who are viewing this thread

g20zoom

Reaction score
So my buddy has a place with a tankless...but no flush valves installed. This unit is 10+ years old, natural gas on a 1600 sf home. I'm not sure of the brand...but I can dig up a so so photo.

I'm going to help him get some flush valves installed...but was wondering the best solution to flush this one?
It's been on San Diego CA hardwater all these years. I was thinking of putting about 3 gallons water with say the 28oz bottle of CLR...run for 1-2 hours? Then repeat with a new bottle of CLR?

Other suggestions? Will the flush water be obvious when done? meaning...does it go from murky to clear eventually when sufficient?

Thanks!

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
If it's 10+ years old and still flowing the water can't be very hard or it would have limed up to a trickle.

I'm not sure CLR is really the right stuff. Most people use a few gallons of white vinegar, per some manufacturers' instructions.

Leon82

Reaction score
I use a flow aid kit but you can make one with a 5 gal bucket a bottom suction pump and 2 washing machine hoses.

I use vinagar per Bosch instructions. But flow aid makes a product to descale also

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks