Tank takes almost 20 minutes to refill after a flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Robbie_d

Reaction score
Hi ,

How can i get this to fill up faster. It does fill up to the correct height, just takes too long.
Thanks for any suggestions.

DSC00045.JPG

Reach4

Reaction score
Make sure the stop valve at the wall/floor is not almost closed.

Some fill valves have a filter at the input point that can clog.

If that filter is not easily found and cleaned, replace the fill valve.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
besides handle possibly not fully open verify plenty of flow going to toilet by observing flow at supply line disco9nect and see it run in a bucket

Reach4

Reaction score
I did some more checking. That is a low profile fill valve. So you would need a special replacement.

Robbie_d

Reaction score
Make sure the stop valve at the wall/floor is not almost closed.

Some fill valves have a filter at the input point that can clog.

If that filter is not easily found and cleaned, replace the fill valve.
The stop valve at the floor that lets the water into the tank is at full.

The "fill valve" (not shown in the photo) is that plastic tube where the small rubber hose goes into, correct?

I turned off the water and i flushed the toilet to empty the tank so i could shine a flashlight down the tube. It's not blocked.
However, in the past, whenever i looked into a tank, i noticed the little rubber hoses (that goes into the tube) always had water coming out of them. Not my small black rubber hose, though - no water is coming out of it and no water is going into the fill valve when i turn the water back on.
I blew into the top of the small, black, rubber hose, and saw air bubbles coming out from the bottom, where it connects - so that small, black, rubber hose is not blocked.

Also, i noticed that when the tank was empty and it was refilling, water was coming out from where i marked the photo in red. So, water is shooting out from there and is almost hitting the inside of the tank (behind that white button) when the tank refills when the tank is 100% empty.
For a normal flush (when the tank is full), there is usually a bit of water at the bottom of the tank when the flapper closes the hole. So, once the flapper shuts down on the drain, i can't see the water squirting up onto the inside of the tank because there is still some water in the tank.

As the water was squirting out from where is shown in red, it stopped squirting when i pressed down on that rectangular-shaped piece under the red markings (that was when the tank was 100% empty and refilling).

Thank you for all the help and comments, so far, everyone.
DSC00046.jpg

Last edited:

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Could there be something obstructing the stop (valve) and limiting flow?
I would get a new device that works in the toilet.
Then take aparthexisting tank filler valve andiscover what is wrong.
If not fixable, replace withew (with the new) unit.

Reach4

Reaction score
The fill valve is that thing that fills most of the photos, and says FILLpro
This is a special low-profile valve, so you cannot replace it with a common fill valve, unless there is a lot of unfilled space above the existing valve..

The Korky toilet fill valve adjusts from 8-1/2 inch to 14 inch. I presume they are measuring from the bottom of the tank.

Robbie_d

Reaction score
besides handle possibly not fully open verify plenty of flow going to toilet by observing flow at supply line disco9nect and see it run in a bucket
I tried the water directly from the wall and from both ends of the hose that attaches the wall to the toilet. The water pressure is strong when it exits the wall until it reaches inside the tank.

Robbie_d

Reaction score
I checked the hose that connects the wall to the toilet and i don't see any filter in there. I stuck my finger up through the bottom of the tank when the hose was removed and i didn't feel any thing special.

Robbie_d

Reaction score
I mentioned before that it confuses me why the little black hose that normally puts water into the tube is not putting water there. Every toilet i even looked into has a hose squirting water into the tube. Not mine.

Reach4

Reaction score
That is a tough one. Did you look into the repair kit?

Not that it matters, but the black hose is called the refill tube. The purpose is to fill the bowl while the tank is filling.

Last edited:

Robert Gift

Reaction score
... the little black hose that normally puts water into the tube is not putting water there. Every toilet i even looked into has a hose squirting water into the tube. Not mine.
I would blow pressure into the valve hose (bowl refill tube) to see if the reverse pressure dislodgesomething.
If no improvement,ake the valve apart and see if an obstruction is not allowing the valve diaphragm (if onexists) to fully open.
Maybe a piece of a valve part has broken off and fouling something.
Even if improvement,he obstruction would need to be removed or it might cause the problem again.